Small Business Accounting
Need the Tools for Business Success? We Can Help.
Whether you need help balancing books or simply need professional guidance to financial success – we can help. With over nearly four decades of serving business owners with CFO-level accounting services, Cavanaugh & Co has the experience to assist your business, providing you with much-needed knowledge, expertise and assistance with long-term strategic planning.
Our Business Solutions department can produce interim, monthly or quarterly financial statements in a variety of formats that make finances approachable. We will tailor our plan to meet your company’s specific needs, offering any level of CFO-level accounting services to simplify your day-to-day operations.
We can help you by managing your:
- Post Deposits
- Monitor bank balances routinely to assure liquidity is maintained
- Insure all funds are held in banks with correct FDIC limits
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly
- Record vendor payments according to your policies and guidelines
- Review coding of invoices to ensure all are properly expensed to correct location and GL code
- Prepare checks for signature and mail
- Record other bank debits from weekly or monthly bank statements
- Collect and/or post according to clients’ general ledger (GL) codes
- Prepare monthly invoices
- Provide up-to-date receivable reports
- Prepare requested financial reports on monthly/quarterly basis
- Prepare monthly or quarterly journal entries
- Record payroll expenses as prepared by existing payroll entity
- Prepare and distribute year-end 1099’s.
- Prepare and submit 941 forms and RT6 forms quarterly
- Prepare year-end W3/2’s and 940 forms
- Provide human resource support and referrals at your request
- Make recommendations and suggestions for improved financial accounting
- Respond professionally and timely to any financial queries
- Provide setup and training on QuickBooks or Peachtree
- Offer assistance with other industry-specific programs